Will Daskal is an entertaining, energetic, award-winning watermedia artist living in the bucolic Pocono Mountains. He is a highly regarded and well-known regional watercolor impressionist, en pleine air artist, and painting workshop instructor who loves to paint, taking great pride and pleasure in being able to pass on his technical knowledge to his numerous eager, receptive students!
In recent years, Will and his paintings have been featured on local and regional TV shows, including:
- American Red Cross Telethon (2008)
- Blue Ridge Cable Evening News (2006-2008)
- LVTV news (2008)
- Arts in the Valley TV Show (2008)
- In addition to the Blue Ribbons he has won during regional art shows, area-wide art festivals and numerous are venues and exhibitions, Will work has been showcased at several solo shows in the last two years alone, including the following:
- Antoine Dutot Museum Gallery
- Kettle Creek Art Gallery
- ARTSPACE Gallery
- sanofi-pasture Corporate Art Gallery;
- Corporate headquarters of ESSA Bank (twice)
- Office gallery of PA State Rep. Mario Scavello.
- Will's work has also been featured at:
- The ARTSPACE Gallery in Stroudsburg
- The Baum School of Art Gallery in Allentown
- The Sherman Theater in Stroudsburg, and
- RIV IV at the Gallery 504 in Stroudsburg.
- RIV V at the East Stroudsburg University's Madeleine Powers Art Gallery
- RIV VI at the Shawnee Gallery
- Will Daskal's paintings are held in private and corporate collections throughout the United States, Canada and Europe, and in the summer of 2008, he was the featured artist in Local Flair magazine, the premier art and entertainment magazine of the Pocono region!
Will has studied with internationally revered watercolorists and master teachers, including Tom Lynch and Ron Ranson.
In addition, Will has been trained by some of the best watercolor instructors in the northeast, including: Bill Wentz, Dana Van Horn, Tim Weaver, John James, Ed Havas, Carmelina Lombardi and the late Sally Millspaugh.
Will's Formal Education:
- High School: Graduate of the Bronx High School of Science
- BA – The City College of New York (Liberal Arts)
- MA – The University of Southern California (English Literature)
- MS – Adelphi University (Special Education)
- Professional Degree in Educational Administration: Long Island University (School District Administration & Supervision)
- Non-Thesis Graduate Study (Additional 30 graduate credits): English Literature/Special Education and Reading
- Administrative Accreditation: Permanent New York State Certificates in School District Superintendent and School District Administrator
- New York City Licenses Held: Principal, Day High Schools; Principal, Alternative High Schools; Assistant Principal, Administration and Supervision; Assistant Principal, Administration and Supervision in Special Education; Teacher of English, Day High Schools